PUT SOME FUN IN YOUR LIFE!
Join us and stimulate your mind with new ideas from leaders in a variety of subject matter areas.
Lectures - Fall, 2018
“Contemporary Canadian Literature 2000-2018”
with Gary Draper
“On and Off the Beaten Path: Journeys to very unusual places”
Details will be displayed as they become available.
It’s not a well-kept secret! Third Age Learning Guelph offers stimulating and enlightening presentations designed to appeal to a broad range of interests in our community.
Without our volunteers, our high calibre and entertaining lectures would not take place.
We are in need of more members!
And as with any volunteer opportunity the personal benefits are endless! It’s an opportunity to network, share your skills and expertise to help bring resources to your peers, and socialize … just the tip of the iceberg!
Please consider joining the following committees; we’d love to have you on board.
If interested, please contact the appropriate Board Member listed below. Or stop by for a chat during your coffee break!
Hospitality Committee 2 Positions
Contact Anne Cole for more details.
* Prior to each lecture, help with setting up the tables, coffee, tea and so on.
* During the break, help serve the coffee, tea and snacks.
* After each lecture, help put away the leftovers, cups, etc.
Contact Barbara Allen for details.
Membership Chairperson 1 Position
* Carries out all activities related to sales promotion and ticket sales.
* Oversees the Membership Committee.
* Maintains sales database; mass mailing (Canada Post and email) of brochures
* Respond to email/telephone inquiries regarding Third Age
* Arrange for the production and printing of tickets in advance of lecture series start dates
* Control ticket sales (not to exceed 225). Works closely with the Treasurer and Webmaster.
Membership Committee Members 2 Positions
* Greet members at the front and back doors.
* Collect admission fees from those wanting to attend a daily lecture.
* Help daily walk-ins find seats as required (particularly on sold-out sessions).
* Hand out tickets to subscribers at the first session.
* Respond to general inquiries.
Program Committee 3 Positions
Contact Bill Chapman or Marguerite Urban for details.
* Event planning.
* Develop intellectually challenging programs.
* Locate and contact experts on the chosen topics.
* Help bring current issues to your peers in a thought-provoking environment where new ideas can be debated.
Publicity Chairperson 3 Positions
Contact Claudia Vsetula for details.
* Arrange appropriate TAL-G publicity in the various media.
* Arrange the distribution of program brochures to libraries, Evergreen Senior’s Centre and other appropriate locations.
* Maintain contact with the media on behalf of TAL-G.
Webmaster 1 Position
Contact David Cole for more details.
* Monitor and update TAL-G web page.
* Maintain various licenses
* Set up Paypal for each session, and monitor Inventory